What happens when you microwave your mobile phone? You might laugh when you read this question, but the truth is, people have done it in the past. The more important thing that you need to know is what really happens if you find yourself in this situation for one reason or another?
Don't Try This at Home!
First and foremost, it is important to point out that you should never actually do this because if you microwave your mobile phone, you're probably not going to have one anymore. Microwaves are designed to heat food up at an extremely rapid rate. If you think about how long it takes to cook something in the oven versus the amount of cook time required in the microwave, it becomes easier to understand just exactly what type of power you are dealing with when you put something in the microwave. In addition to heating things up rapidly, the microwaves themselves can be dangerous to a mobile phone.
If you manage to do this, part of the might melt but more importantly, the circuit board that controls the phone can easily be destroyed in a matter of seconds to minutes. This means that even if the phone manages to look largely unscathed on the outside, it probably isn't going to work anymore. You run the risk of destroying the phone's ability to send or receive calls or do practically anything else. You even run the risk of ensuring that the phone doesn't even come on. In a worst-case scenario, there is a risk that you could destroy the mobile phone and the microwave simultaneously or that you could start a fire. It is definitely not something that you want to do and it is something that you should avoid at all costs. It simply isn't worth it, especially if the only reason you are putting your mobile phone in the microwave is to find out what will happen when you turn it on.
You might be getting yourself into a situation that you wish you had never had anything to do with and in the end, you will be shopping around for the best compact microwave because your old one blew up in this experiment.