Welcome To fonesforsafety®
fonesforsafety® is a mobile phone recycling scheme which turns used mobile phones into reconfigured “999 only” phone alarms for victims and survivors of domestic violence.
- Each reconfigured phone is securely reprogrammed to direct-dial 999 at the touch of any key from 1–9 and can receive incoming calls and text messages for added reassurance.
- The phone alarms are distributed free of charge by local police and domestic violence support agencies as part of wider risk assessment and safety planning strategies (e.g. MAPPA , MARAC, Child Protection).
- The fonesforsafety® scheme has an income generation facility built into its infrastructure through mobile phone recycling to support its long term sustainability.
- fonesforsafety® forms part of the co-ordinated community response to domestic violence, which is being promoted by Central Government as a model for tackling domestic violence locally.
- To find out more, contact fonesforsafety® on 020 7740 6533 or email@example.com.
fonesforsafety® – a successful partnership…
- fonesforsafety® has come a long way since its humble beginnings as a local project in South London! Interest from across the country led to five regional schemes being tested across the UK since September 2004.
- This phase was supported by national core funders including The Home Office, Comic Relief, and The Scottish Executive, and key campaign partners, The Body Shop International and Women’s Aid. The scheme also greatly benefits from the support of other commercial partners and guidance from ACPO (Association of Chief Police Officers).
- The fonesforsafety® project is now rolling out across all London boroughs and all government office regions through the UK, with the backing of the Home Office, Greater London Authority, Comic Relief and The City Bridge Trust.
fonesforsafety® instruction manual
- The learning experience of the five regional fonesforsafety® schemes has been used to compile a fonesforsafety® Summary Guide, for wider dissemination, and a more detailed Instruction Manual for practitioners. To request one, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7740 6533.
- If you would like to discuss how a new scheme could be set up in your area, please contact the fonesforsafety® co-ordinator on 020 7740 6533 or email@example.com.